Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My grandmother is a rocket and the other lies my parents told me


I Died for Love
Originally uploaded by *Snado*.
This is first and foremost a story about love and family. A battery of people will yell and scream about a parent who lies to their children, but I think of it as a lie akin to Santa Claus. It's a lie of imagination...it changes nothing for me about my grandmother, in fact it makes me love her more. maybe its a story about family ties or the meaning of truth. why did they tell me that? I remember probably when I was 18 saying something to my grandmother, very offhand, about her being a rockette, and she laughed and couldn;t believe I remembered. not only did I remember but I had told everyone all my life. How did they not know that I kept that information as truth. And why did it only make me laugh to know that it wasn't true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home